CategoriesNZ ENGLISH ACADEMY
This qualification is intended for learners of English as an additional language, who wish to pursue further English language study in an academic context.
Graduates will have the language skills required to communicate independently and effectively in familiar and some less familiar situations with fluency and flexibility in academic settings.
This qualification is at a level comparable to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) mid B2 (mid-Upper-Intermediate).
This qualification allows educational institutions to make informed judgements regarding the level at which the graduate can use English for academic purposes.
- Understand main ideas and supporting details of moderately complex oral academic texts.
- Participate effectively in sustained spoken academic discourse.
- Understand main ideas and supporting details of moderately complex written academic texts.
- Write detailed, developed, moderately complex academic texts.
- New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Academic) (Level 5)
- Many vocational and undergraduate programmes/courses and specialised fields of study requiring lower and/or New Zealand Qualifications Framework Level 5, for entrance, depending on the focus of the programme leading to this qualification.
- Interpersonal communication
- Understanding of context-specific texts of a more academic nature
- Writing records and reports
- Interaction in a team.