Are you looking to upskill or undertake professional development in tertiary teaching?
EDENZ Colleges offers the New Zealand Diploma in Adult and Tertiary Teaching (Level 6) programme. This 120 credit point course is designed for teachers already working within the tertiary sector in New Zealand.
Overview of programme
This programme consists of Planning and Design for Teaching in Adult and Tertiary Contexts (60 Credits) and Practical Teaching Practice in Adult and Tertiary Contexts (60 Credits).
The programme encourage interactive learning within an applied setting to promote the professional development of theory and practice. The content covered will address the design and delivery of courses including class management, student engagement and constructive alignment.
- Learn advanced techniques and theories to design or re-design a course
- Consider and apply a range of quality control strategies including internal and external moderation and course analysis
- Review course designs and ensure these achieve a ‘significant learning experience’.
- Learn to identify and develop strategies to engage with and meet the needs of learners
- Critique your personal lessons so that you can improve your professional practice
- Develop and deliver effective lesson plans that will improve your teaching outcomes.
- Legal entitlement to study in New Zealand with appropriate immigration and/or refugee status, and
- A comparable prior tertiary qualification at level 5 or above
- When English is not the first language of the student – an academic score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5.
- Prior or current experience of teaching tertiary level students, preferably within New Zealand.
- A suitable practicum or workplace for teaching tertiary level students over the age of 18.
- Prior to study. Students with existing qualifications and/or relevant work experience must formally apply for recognition of their knowledge and skills prior to undertaking study.
- After recent study. Dependent on the packaging rules, students may be eligible to apply credit from another recently studied program in this program in lieu of elective courses.
- Completed a previous tertiary or industry qualification or part of a qualification at a minimum of a level 6 program or equivalent, and
- Demonstrated a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the area, and
- Provided adequate evidence. This includes as a minimum academic transcripts and/or support from an employer.
- At Lifeway or EDENZ Colleges
- At level 5 or above
- In line with the program requirements.
- Australian institutions offering similar pathways
- Other NZ institutions offering this qualification.
|KEY INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS|
|Government tuition subsidy|
|Student loan information||StudyLink|
|Successful course completions||N/A|
|National Graduate Outcomes
(3 years after completion)
|In further study|
|On a benefit|
|Note: all KIS information is the most recent available relating to domestic students only.|
|Click here for more information about the Key Information for Students|