Are you looking to upskill or undertake professional development in tertiary teaching?
EDENZ Colleges offers the New Zealand Diploma in Adult and Tertiary Teaching (Level 6) programme. This 120 credit point course is designed for teachers already working within the tertiary sector in New Zealand.
OVERVIEW OF PROGRAMME
This programme consists of Planning and Design for Teaching in Adult and Tertiary Contexts (60 Credits) and Practical Teaching Practice in Adult and Tertiary Contexts (60 Credits).
The programme encourage interactive learning within an applied setting to promote the professional development of theory and practice. The content covered will address the design and delivery of courses including class management, student engagement and constructive alignment
Length: 32 week programme including practicum, two separate weeks of intensive block delivery supported by pre and post course work.
Location: EDENZ Colleges – 85 Airedale Street, Auckland CBD
Start Date: 27 October 2017
Planning and Design for Teaching in Adult and Tertiary Contexts
In this course, you will:
- Learn advanced techniques and theories to design or re-design a course
- Consider and apply a range of quality control strategies including internal and external moderation and course analysis
- Review course designs and ensure these achieve a ‘significant learning experience’.
Practical Teaching Practice in Adult and Tertiary Contexts
In this course, you will:
- Learn to identify and develop strategies to engage with and meet the needs of learners
- Critique your personal lessons so that you can improve your professional practice
- Develop and deliver effective lesson plans that will improve your teaching outcomes.
Applicants must have:
- Legal entitlement to study in New Zealand with appropriate immigration and/or refugee status, and
- A comparable prior tertiary qualification at level 5 or above
- When English is not the first language of the student – an academic score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5.
- Prior or current experience of teaching tertiary level students, preferably within New Zealand.
- A suitable practicum or workplace for teaching tertiary level students over the age of 18.
Recognition of prior learning
Each Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the Head of Department (HOD) in accordance with the related EDENZ Colleges policies and procedures. EDENZ Colleges will recognise RPL and RCC for this program:
- Prior to study. Students with existing qualifications and/or relevant work experience must formally apply for recognition of their knowledge and skills prior to undertaking study.
- After recent study. Dependent on the packaging rules, students may be eligible to apply credit from another recently studied program in this program in lieu of elective courses.
RPL will be available where sufficient evidence is provided that the student has previously met the required learning outcomes.
RPL may be awarded at the discretion of the HOD to students for courses where the student has:
- Completed a previous tertiary or industry qualification or part of a qualification at a minimum of a level 6 program or equivalent, and
- Demonstrated a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the area, and
- Provided adequate evidence. This includes as a minimum academic transcripts and/or support from an employer.
Students may apply and receive credit for courses undertaken:
- At Lifeway or EDENZ Colleges
- At level 5 or above
- In line with the program requirements.
Students can also apply for partial cross-credit. Where this occurs, students will be granted some credit under the proviso that they complete additional work to align to other learning outcomes.
Students may apply and receive credit for courses or credit in programs previously undertaken at:
- Australian institutions offering similar pathways
- Other NZ institutions offering this qualification.
Credit transfer will be mapped from a student’s provided transcript. This will be conducted at the discretion of the Head of Department and a record held by the EDENZ Colleges registrar team.
|KEY INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS|
• Legal entitlement to study in New Zealand with appropriate immigration and/or refugee status
• A comparable prior tertiary qualification at level 5 or above.
• When English is not the first language of the student – an academic score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5.
• Prior or current experience of teaching tertiary level students, preferably within New Zealand.
• A suitable practicum or workplace for teaching tertiary level students over the age of 18.
*Although stated criteria may be met, all admissions are at the discretion of the Head of Department.
|Government tuition subsidy|
|Student loan information||StudyLink|
|Successful course completions||N/A|
|National Graduate Outcomes
(3 years after completion)
|In further study|
|On a benefit|
|Note: all KIS information is the most recent available relating to domestic students only.|
|Click here for more information about the Key Information for Students|